Date: Friday, January 27, 2023Time: 11:00 am – 12 noon ESTZoom Meeting:
Registration LinkThis coalition will bring together a national network of leaders from HBCUs working in partnership to advance health equity through community engagement and community-engaged research (CER).
Why is CCPH committed to this work?
- MSIs are located in close proximity to communities experiencing the disproportionate impact of health inequities.
- Researchers at MSIs are underrepresented in scientific research.
- MSIs approach their work to include the broader community that is directly impacted by experiences of structural racism and related factors.
During our coalition meeting, there will be opportunities to do the following:
- Discuss the results of the MSI Needs Assessment Survey to inform priorities and goals.
- > Share your interests and ideas to help shape the agenda focused on CER, community engagement centered around health concerns that include COVID-19 management on campus and surrounding communities.
- Explore the structure of the coalition.
- Cultivate networking opportunities with other MSI leaders.
If you haven’t already and are currently involved on your campus COVID-19 task force, STEM programs, health administration, or student services, we encourage you to complete this needs assessment and coalition interest survey by clicking on this link.
We hope you will join us and please feel free to contact Maryland Grier-Union if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.