Our engaging training sessions will equip you with the tools necessary to conduct or participate in health-related research and initiatives focused on the best community-engaged research practices.
For 25 years, CCPH has provided on-site and virtual quality training seminars, workshops, keynote presentations, consultations, and resources in the community engagement and partnership disciplines to academic and community partners nationally and internationally. Our trainers are experts in their respective fields, leveraging the latest information and best practices to provide comprehensive and customized training.
It is through our history of sharing resources, bringing people together to engage in discussions, and creating spaces for community voices to be uplifted and centered that has made us experts in the science of partnerships. Our training sessions build partnerships from the ground up with a strong foundation in co-constructed, community-centered organization and shared leadership. The science of partnerships relies on this strong foundation to build upon and create meaningful deliverables and research to share with others.
Our 1-3 hour training sessions are rooted in our Principles of Partnership, which we break down into three core categories: Partnership Structures, Partnership Process, and Meaningful Outcomes.
Click on each section below to view the complete list of training sessions available within each tier.
Partnerships will Organize and Maintain Structures that Actively Position Community Partners at the Forefront
- Fundamentals of Community Engagement Part I Frameworks (offered as 3-Part Series)
- Community-Based Participatory Research 101
- Landscape Analysis
- Principles of Partnership
- Principles of Equitable Partnerships
- Partnership Agreements
- Community Advisory Board
- Participatory Budgeting
Partnerships will Value and Sustain the Diverse, Cultural, and Lived Experiences of Community Partners
- Fundamentals of Community Engagement Part II Authentic Partnerships (offered as 3-Part Series)
- Structural Racism (can be offered as 3-Part Intensive)
- Power Equity
- Communicating Boundaries
- Trust and Trustworthiness
- Cultural Humility
Partnerships will Create and Build Research Projects that Authentically Respond to Community Needs
- Fundamentals of Community Engagement Part III Sustainability (offered as 3-Part Series)
- Culturally-Responsive Equitable Evaluation
- Benefits Sharing
- Culturally-Responsive Dissemination
- Closing Projects
Structural Racism Intensive
This intensive training examines the history of the development of structural racism and the contemporary manifestations of these institutional inequalities.