This meeting is open to HBCU-affiliated health services, student affairs, STEM, and health researchers.
Thursday, April 13, 2023, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM (ET)
Join the growing network of HBCU thought and health leaders and researchers for engaging and interactive breakout sessions. This HBCU Coalition meeting will center on identifying solutions for the increasing rates of suicide, violence, and the mental health crisis being experienced on HBCU campuses nationwide.
- Explore student-centered campus engagement on mental health
- Strategize increasing capacity for student mental health resources
- Discuss faculty engagement with student services
- Discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on HBCU students’ mental health
Presentation: Central State University
- Dr. Karen Matthews, Executive Director of Health & Psychological Services
- Dr. Sonia Hunter, Director, Counseling Services
Moderator: Magdalene Wellman, CCPH Program Manager, RADx-UP Program
For more information, contact Fatima Guerrab at Fatima.firstname.lastname@example.org.